Final agreement collective labor agreement 2023-202
On 28 July, the WVOI and employee organizations FNV, CNV Education and AOb reached a final collective labor agreement. The members responded positively to the 6 July bargaining result.
The new CAO runs from 1 July 2023, to 30 June 2024, and the main agreements are:
The Collective Labour Agreement Research Institutions (CAO-OI) contains agreements about employment conditions, including salary and leave days, which must be taken into consideration in the individual employment agreement. The CAO-OI 2022 - 2023 (English version) is available at the bottom of this webpage and on the WVOI website. The Dutch version of the CAO-OI 2023 - 2024 is available on the Dutch webpage. The English version of the CAO-OI 2023 - 2024 will be published as soon as possible. The new salary tables can be consulted on the WVOI-website (in Dutch).
The most important changes to the implementation regulations since 1 January 2023 are as follows.
IR 1 - Commuting expenses
Allowance for use of own transport
- From 1 March 2023, the 'low' kilometre allowance for travel using own transport increases from € 0.09 to € 0.10 per kilometre, up to a monthly maximum of € 90.00.
- The 'high' kilometre allowance increases from € 0.19 to € 0.21 per kilometre, up to a monthly maximum of € 188.00.
- From 1 January 2024, the 'high' kilometre allowance increases from € 0.21 to € 0.23 per kilometre, up to a monthly maximum of € 206.00.
- Employees with site-specific work are more likely to be eligible for this 'high' kilometre allowance.
Public transport allowance
- NWO continues to reimburse the commuting costs for public transport. In addition, from 1 March 2023, an employee using public transport for work in accordance with the conditions of the NS-Business Card can also make use of parking for own bicycle or car at the station en route from home to the departure point, and a public transport bicycle and/or e-scooter en route from the destination station to the workplace.
IR 2 – Domestic and foreign business trips
- Both the increase in the kilometre allowance from 1 March 2023 from € 0.09 to € 0.10 and the expansion of the allowance for parking and use of public transport bicycle and e-scooter in accordance with the conditions of the NS-Business Card also apply to business trips.
- In support of NWO's sustainability goals, it was also agreed that flights would only be taken when attendance abroad is deemed essential.
IR 6 - Homeworking facilities
The homeworking facilities scheme is included in the IR set. From 1 March 2023, the homeworking allowance increases from € 2.00 to € 3.05 per homeworking day.
IR 8 – Interns and holiday workers
The internship allowance will be equalized and is set at € 400.00 per month for all education levels. The prevailing regulation regarding the WO trainee remains the same: The WO trainee is not entitled to a traineeship fee unless the traineeship fits in with the policy of the organizational unit. In that case the allowance will be a maximum of € 400.00 per month.
IR 13 - Regulation of undesirable behaviour
The regulation of undesirable behaviour is tightened and expanded.
Arising from the CLA arrangements for implementing a bereavement protocol, a guideline has been agreed and included in the IR.
IR 5 and IR 7
Other allowances that have been increased are the emergency response team allowances (IR 5) and the moving costs allowance (IR 7).
The term of the new IR runs from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2025 inclusive, with a reassessment of the allowance amounts, amongst other things, in 2024.
All NWO-I employees are in principle insured with the General Civil Pension Fund (ABP in Dutch) for both old-age pension, survivor's pension, and disability. Some NWO-I employees who are funded by a European grant are not insured with the ABP if the ABP is excluded by the grantor. To be sure if you are insured by the ABP, please check your contract agreement.
You can find elaborate but clear information on the ABP website. This information is only available in Dutch.
Via MijnABP.nl you can arrange your pension matters online. For example, you can plan your pension or change your preferences. To help participants use MijnABP, a webpage is available with short instructional videos. These videos focus on the following subjects: retirement, survivor's pension, partner's pension, and digital post. The videos are only available in Dutch and can be found on the website of ABP. In the annex, you will also find a leaflet about building up your pension via the ABP.
Your personnel officer or employees from the P&O Department of NWO-I will be happy to inform you or answer your questions (also in English). You may not reproduce the employment conditions without prior written permission of NWO-I.