An annual calendar does not necessarily have to start on 1 January. Various Roman emperors and several popes changed the dates making a year start on 1 March, or 25 March or perhaps 1 January? That set us thinking: which dates do we still take for granted, and how do others view that? Time for a calendar that includes all special days: days that we as NWO employees can celebrate together. We hope this calendar will help us to get to know each other better, increase our knowledge about other festive days, and give us opportunities to open up the conversation and discover which (festive) days are special for us and why.
Articles NWO celebrates...
On this webpage you will find an overview of all 'NWO celebrates...' articles that have been published:
- NWO celebrates... Eid Al-Fitr
- NWO celebrates… Father's Day
- NWO celebrates... Keti Koti
- NWO celebrates... the International Transgender Rights Day, Pride Week, National Dutch East Indies Commemoration, Raksha Bandhan and the 2 October Monument Apeldoorn
- NWO celebrates... Diversity Day
- NWO celebrates... Coming Out Day
- NWO celebrates... International Stuttering Awareness Day
- NWO celebrates... Christmas
- NWO celebrates... the International Day of Education
- NWO celebrates... Chinese New Year
- NWO celebrates... Holi
- NWO celebrates… the independence of the Republic of South Maluku
- NWO celebrates... Autism day
- NWO celebrates... World MS day (multiple sclerose)
Diversity and inclusion at NWO and NWO-I
Within NWO and NWO-I we aim to realise working in an inclusive organisation with inclusive procedures. We believe that we can achieve our strategic ambitions as NWO if we also seek to be a diverse organisation with an inclusive culture. Diversity brings us creativity, innovation, and renewal. In addition to this, we are convinced that we will have more societal impact as NWO if our organisation reflects the society we are part of. This means that as an employer, NWO needs to ensure that everybody is welcome, can be themselves and can perform at their best. This Diversity and Inclusion calendar contributes to that. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on the NWO website. And in the January edition of the personnel newsletter Inside NWO-I, we published the article “Striving for an organisation where everybody can be themselves” about diversity within NWO and NWO-I.
Would you like to share your story?
The section 'NWO celebrates...' has now ended. But NWO will not stop celebrating. We would like to encourage you to keep sharing your stories about the (festive) days that are important to you. For example, share your story in a blog or share your photo. Perphaps we can use your story for the personnel newsletter Inside NWO-I and for intranet Joost. Send an email to Melissa Vianen via email@example.com.