Print this page

What must I do in the event of an accident?

Never do anything alone, alert others (shout) and put your own safety first.

  • Report an accident IMMEDIATELY. How? That differs per institute or laboratory. Make sure you know the local reporting procedure.
  • Your supervisor and/or the health & safety coordinator will, based on your experience, draw up measures in consultation with you to remove the cause or to reduce the risk so that a repeat incident can be prevented.
  • Serious accidents (hospital admission, permanent physical or mental disability) are reported immediately to the Labour Inspectorate by phone or by fax. The health & safety coordinator, supervisor or his deputy are responsible for this.
  • Every accident which involves FOM employees should be reported at the FOM personel officer. Even if it did not result in absence to work.