NWO-I attaches considerable importance to the safety, health, and well-being of its staff. Employer and employee are both responsible for health, safety, and well-being at the workplace.
With its health & safety policy, NWO-I seeks to realise the following goals.
- Optimising the safety and protecting the health of all staff, guests, trainees, and visitors.
- Handling installations, equipment, machines, and goods as healthily and as safely as possible.
- Preventing psychosocial work stress as a consequence of excessive work pressure, bullying, sexual harassment, aggression, and violence.
When you start in a new position at NWO-I, your supervisor will provide you with information about safe and healthy working in your place of work. If that does not happen then ask about it. You can also approach the local health & safety coordinator (see below) and for more general questions you can send an email to email@example.com.
NWO-I has also put together safety information for different types of jobs. Information about this can be found in the drop-down menu on the left.
Work and complaints
On the webpage Work and behaviour you will find more information about the 'Code of Conduct and confidential advisers', the whistleblowing policy, the individual right to complain, and scientific integrity.
For questions about working conditions, health, and safety you can contact your manager/supervisor.
When you are working at one of the institutes or at the NWO-I office, you can contact:
- AMOLF: Ilja Stavenuiter and Bram van der Gaag
- ARCNL: Thomas Meijvogel and Bram van der Gaag
- ASTRON: Marchel Gerbers
- CWI: Vacancy
- DIFFER: Joost Ketelaars
- Nikhef: Bram van der Gaag and Nico Rem
- NIOZ: Joep van Haaren
- NSCR: Anne-Marie Kuiper
- SRON: Hans Bosman
- Central arbocoördinator: Sjoerd Wouda
When you are working in an Administrative Unit for Research Groups at Universities, then you can contact the health & safety coordinator at your faculty. For general and all other questions you can send an email to Sjoerd Wouda