Project proposals awarded
The following research proposals have been awarded funding.
- Single-particle emitters for superconducting nanostructures
Prof.dr. Carlo Beenakker (LEI)
- Indirect-to-direct bandgap conversion in surface engineered Si and Ge nanostructures
Dr. Katerina Dohnalová (UvA)
- Responsive materials through reversible crosslinking
Dr. Wouter Ellenbroek (TU/e)
- Strongly-correlated bosonic and fermionic ultracold atomic gases with long-range interactions: a new theoretical approach
Dr. Paola Gori-Giorgi (VU)
- Tuning into the photosynthetic membrane with atomistic precision
Dr. Anjali Pandit (LEI)
- Solving the direct photon puzzle in heavy-ion reactions with direct photon interferometry Prof.dr. Thomas Peitzmann (UU/Nikhef)
- Investigating cellular aging by quantum sensing
Dr. Romana Schirhagl (RUG)
- Top Spin
Dr. Marcel Vreeswijk (UvA/Nikhef) and Prof.Dr. Eric Laenen (UvA/Nikhef)
- Toward bottom-up construction of an 'Aggregate-OLED'
Dr. Daniel Wegner (RU)
The Projectruimte is one of the grant instruments that FOM has to fund physics research. Researchers can submit proposals for the FOM-Projectruimte on a continuous basis. FOM considers the proposals in batches of 15 to 25 in the order they are received. In 2015, FOM had a budget of about 10 million euros for the Projectruimte, of which 3 million euros has been made available within the framework of the Sector Plan Physics and Chemistry.