The final version of the new implementation regulations were adopted during the formal consultation meeting of the Director with the COR NWO on 21 February 2023.
The term of the new IR runs from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2025 inclusive, with a reassessment of the allowance amounts, amongst other things, in 2024.
The most important changes to the implementation regulations are as follows.
IR 1 - Commuting expenses
Allowance for use of own transport
- From 1 March 2023, the 'low' kilometre allowance for travel using own transport increases from € 0.09 to € 0.10 per kilometre, up to a monthly maximum of € 90.00.
- The 'high' kilometre allowance increases from € 0.19 to € 0.21 per kilometre, up to a monthly maximum of € 188.00.
- From 1 January 2024, the 'high' kilometre allowance increases from € 0.21 to € 0.23 per kilometre, up to a monthly maximum of € 206.00.
- Employees with site-specific work are more likely to be eligible for this 'high' kilometre allowance.
Public transport allowance
- NWO continues to reimburse the commuting costs for public transport. In addition, from 1 March 2023, an employee, using public transport for work in accordance with the conditions of the NS-Business Card, can also make use of parking for his own bicycle or car at the station en route from home to the departure point, and a public transport bicycle and/or e-scooter en route from the destination station to the workplace.
IR 2 – Domestic and foreign business trips
- Both the increase in the kilometre allowance from 1 March 2023 from € 0.09 to € 0.10 and the expansion of the allowance for parking and use of public transport bicycle and e-scooter in accordance with the conditions of the NS-Business Card also apply to business trips.
- In support of NWO's sustainability goals, it was also agreed that flights would only be taken when attendance abroad is deemed essential.
IR 6 - Homeworking facilities
The homeworking facilities scheme is included in the IR set. From 1 March 2023, the homeworking allowance increases from € 2.00 to € 3.05 per homeworking day.
IR 8 – Interns and holiday workers
The internship allowance will be equalized and set at € 400.00 per month for all education levels. The prevailing regulation regarding the wo trainee remains the same: The wo trainee is not entitled to a traineeship fee unless the traineeship fits in with the policy of the organisational unit. In that case the allowance will be a maximum of € 400.00 per month.
IR 13 - Regulation of undesirable behaviour
The regulation of undesirable behaviour is tightened and expanded.
Arising from the CLA arrangements for implementing a bereavement protocol, a guideline has been agreed upon and included in the IR.
IR 5 and IR 7
Other allowances that have been increased are the emergency response team allowances (IR 5) and the moving costs allowance (IR 7).
The full text of the IR will be made available as soon as possible.