As of 1 January 2017 FOM is converted to NWO-I, the Institutes Organisation of NWO. Together with other NWO divisions FOM forms a new organisation, as part of the NWO Transition. FOM is divided into three parts: 'granting' has become part of the NWO Domain Science, another part has joined the Operations division and the staff supporting the institutes and university Work groups has become NWO-I, the Institutes Organisation of NWO. The NWO Institutes NSCR, NIOZ, ASTRON, CWI and SRON will become part of this organisation from 1 January 2018 onwards. All plans are currently studied by the work councils. For more information about the transition, please visit the NWO website as well.
The current funding instruments (as you know them from FOM) will remain unchanged for now NWO will announce any changes to the funding instruments at least six months in advance. The year 2017 will be a transition year. More information.
- NWO Physics Industrial Partnership Programmes for research programmes in collaboration with industrial partners.
- NWO Physics Projectruimte (formerly FOM Projectruimte) funds small-scale projects in fundamental physics research that have an innovative character (includes information about current rounds and the applications awarded).
- Other NWO grants.
- EU and other grants provides information about grants from the European Union and other organisations outside of NWO.
- NWO also has two types of grants within the NWO Physics/f Programme.
- Valorisation projects for university workgroups.
- It is possible to request funding by NWO for organising events, such as congresses, symposa, workshops, study trips and exhibitions.
Code of conduct
Applicants for research grants must have full confidence that decisions will be taken without bias and without regard to personal interest. That is why NWO (we are still using the code made by FOM) has established a code of conduct. You can download the code of conduct in the upper right corner of this webpage.
NWO has a separate procedure for appealing against decisions about grant proposals. The 'Appeals Procedure' regulation (FOM version) can be downloaded from the upper right corner of this webpage.