The Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement (NSCR) is one of the NWO Institutes.
NSCR operates from a fundamental and interdisciplinary research orientation at the interface of theory, practice and policy. The institute has set itself the objectives stated below in order to play a significant role within national and international academic research in the area of criminality and law enforcement.
- NSCR aims at fundamental, interdisciplinary research into the interaction between criminality and law enforcement, with an emphasis on longitudinal studies.
- NSCR carries out academic research independently and in collaboration with (para-) university institutions in the aforementioned area and publishes about this in academic media.
- NSCR trains young researchers.
- In collaboration with other universities and institutions, NSCR is developing a national and international network of academic researchers in the area of criminality and law enforcement by organising national and international congresses, seminars, symposia, workshops, and lectures on the latest insights.
- NSCR wants to play an active national and international role in public opinion forming.
NSCR on YouTube
Once a thief, always a thief?
Academic advisory committee
The academic advisory committee members are:
- Prof. Marcelo Aebi – University of Lausanne, Switzerland (chair)
- Prof. Henk van de Bunt – Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Prof. Felipe Estrada – Stockholm University, Sweden
- Prof. Candace Kruttschnitt – University of Toronto, Canada
- Prof. Friedrich Lösel – University of Cambridge, UK & Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Dr Almir Maljevic – University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Prof. Daniel Nagin – Carnegie Mellon University, US
- Prof. Diettrich Oberwittler – Max Planck Institute Freiburg, Germany
- Prof. Rick Rosenfeld – University of Missouri-St. Louis, US
- Prof. Clifford Shearing – University of Cape Town, South Africa & Griffith University, Australia
- Prof. Terence Thornberry – University of Maryland, US
- Prof. David Weisburd – Hebrew University, Israel & George Mason University, US
Interim Director NSCR
Prof.dr. Peter van der Laan
Press officer NSCR