In this difficult financial period (FOM has received no salary or price compensation for the past 2 years) the parties have sought as many budgetary neutral agreements as possible. Trade-offs have therefore been made and these have released funds that have been converted into salaries or a one-off payment. The overriding principle was to save jobs. FOM can support this result, is pleased with it and believes it is the most feasible result that can be achieved at present.
NB The negotiated agreement can only be finalised once the employee organisations have consulted their members about this. The outcome of these consultations is expected no later than 14 March 2012.
The main points of the agreement are:
- All salaries will increase by 1% with effect from 1 February 2012.
- In March 2012 (if the outcome of the membership consultation is definitely known by then, otherwise in April) employees who were already in service on 31 December 2011 will receive a one-off "spending power bonus" worth € 250 before tax. The payment is the same for all employees irrespective of the parttime factor.
- In July 2012 each employee will receive an incidental payment of 0.5% of half their gross annual salary, reference date 1 July 2012, in the form of a single payment.
- The employers will issue an employment guarantee for 2012 (no compulsory redundancies due to positions being scrapped).
- As stated in the previous Cao-OI, the current age-based regulations, age-related vacationdays, 60+ regulation and the Seniority Scheme for Research Institutes (SROI) will be abolished with effect from 1 February 2012 (prohibited age-related distinction). The financial resources that become available as a result of this will, amongst other things, be used to finance the structural salary increase. They will also be used to finance an employability fund that will support "life-phase aware personnel policy".
- Every employee who reaches the age of 59 years before 1 April 2012 can continue to make use of the SROI.
The full text of the negotiated outcome signed by all parties is available as a PDF.