Rights and obligations
You are a workgroup leader BUW within an NWO-I project. This means that you are responsible for the progress of the activities within your research group. This means that you:
- are the hierarchal boss of the employees employed by NWO-I, the Institutes Organisation of NWO (formerly FOM) in your research group. You employ them and you hold appraisal interviews with them. For researchers in training (PhDs), you make the training and supervision plan. You are also responsible for the realisation of this. You can find all information for this under Personnel.
- are the budget holder of the projects in your research group. Managing the budget is part of your tasks as budget holder. You are responsible for all purchases made from these budgets. You can authorise others, for example a project leader, to manage a budget. For all information about budget management, see under Project and budget. For information about equipment and matching, see under Equipment.
- report about research results from your own research group, for example in scientific publications and via science communication: for this you can contact the Communication Department of NWO Domain Science. You should also state NWO in the acknowledgements, see under Publications.
- give account for the projects in your research group. For example, each year - and sometimes more often - you will be requested to submit a scientific report. For this and other accountability matters, see under Publications.
- encourage the use of the knowledge acquired in companies, society and other science disciplines. If there is a need for this, you can request NWO-I to protect the knowledge acquired by applying for a patent, see Patents.
Any questions you have should be addressed to your contact person. You can find out who this is in your appointment letter in which FOM (in some cases NWO-I) appointed you as workgroup leader BUW. You received this letter when FOM or NWO-I appointed you as workgroup leader BUW. You will inform NWO-I of any changes in writing.
For specific questions about personnel issues and finances you can contact the departments concerned. For this, please consult the list of NWO-I employees.
You will receive the most important policy documents from NWO-I, the Institutes Organisation of NWO. Via this website you can stay informed about the latest developments within NWO-I.
You can also submit news for dissemination as a press release, or via the website or other (internal) communication channels to the Communication Department of NWO Domain Science.
You will also receive specific information from NWO-I with respect to the projects under your management. This concerns the staffing within your research group and financial overviews.
Ten times per year, your employees will receive the digital newsletter "Inside NWO-I" which contains the latest personnel news. Personnel news can be found under Employees NWO-I.
Regulation appeals procedure
NWO-I has a procedure for lodging an appeal. The regulation "Appeals procedure" can be downloaded as a PDF file below. For more information about this procedure, please contact Michiel van den Hout, manager Strategic Support NWO-I.