Information for applicants
Information for job applicants about NWO-I conditions of employment and working conditions
You are interested in a vacancy at one of the NWO-I institutes or at the NWO-I Office. If your job application is successful, then you will enter service at NWO-I (official name: Stichting Nederlandse Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Instituten). NWO-I applies a recruitment code.
Employment conditions for employees of NWO-I
These are regulated by the Collective Labour Agreement Research Institutes (CAO-OI) and in the NWO Implementing Regulations (IR). Several main points:
- Besides the monthly salary stated in the job advertisement, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.33%.
- In the case of a full-time position, you will work 40 hours per week and you are entitled to 42 days of annual leave, which you can have partly paid out. In addition, there are several special forms of leave that are (partly) paid.
- NWO-I has the Tailor-made Terms of Employment (AVOM) which allows you to tailor several employment conditions to your own needs.
- NWO-I has (under certain conditions) allowances for relocation costs and supports foreign employees in applying for a visa.
- NWO-I employees, with the exception of those who receive funding from a European grant, accrue pension entitlement at the National Civil Pension Fund ABP.
Attention for the working conditions of NWO-I employees
- NWO-I encourages the continuous development of employees and gives generous allowances for courses that employees follow in relation to their work activities or career. Each of the NWO-I institutes has its own structured PhD programme that is offered in collaboration with the universities where the PhD graduation will take place. A description of the programme (coaching and supervision procedure) can be requested from the institute concerned. NWO-I has a special training programme for PhDs. Postdocs can also participate in this.
- NWO-I takes its responsibility for the health, safety and well-being of its employees very seriously. NWO-I considers it to be a joint task of the employer and the employee to ensure health, safety and well-being at the workplace.
- NWO-I wants to be an organisation where everybody feels welcome, can be themselves and can bring out the best in themselves and in teams. We strive to be a diverse organisation with an inclusive culture where everybody is equal, irrespective of cultural, ethnic or religious background, gender, sexual orientation, health and age.
- NWO-I believes that people have to respect each other’s personal boundaries. It therefore strives to realise a working environment in which employees feel safe. In the work relationship, NWO-I does not tolerate any form of (sexual) intimidation, aggression, violence, bullying and discrimination.
Webpages with institute-specific information
Additional information about the institutes is available on the following pages: